Saturday, June 14, 2008
















This morning we went to the stores for some groceries. I was up all night last night and desperately needed some caffine, so we stopped and got donuts and a mocha on the way. I haven't been sleeping well for the last few nights and last night around 3:00 when I finally did get to sleep, Hailey woke up. We both couldn't get back to sleep. We were both too hot in the bedrooms so we moved out to the living room with the air conditioning. Hailey finally fell asleep around 7:00 and I fell asleep shortly after that. We woke up around 9:30 when we heard Max playing on the floor in the living room by us. I'm suprised he let us sleep that long though. Usually he climbs on top on me as soon as he sees me. But daddy told him to be quiet and let us sleep, and he actually did. I took the kids and let them pick out something to get daddy for Father's Day. They had fun choosing what they wanted to get him. We also got a pool while we were there. After lunch, Hailey had fun helping daddy fill the pool. When daddy left for work, Hailey, Max, and I all took naps. We all slept for three hours. I woke up at 6:00 and then had to wake both the kids up because they were still sleeping. I felt much better though after taking a long nap and Hailey did too. I just made some sandwiches for dinner so we could hurry and get outside to swim before it got too late. They both loved playing in the water. Max kept dumping buckets of water over his head. And Hailey liked playing with her dolls in the water. After they were done swimming, they played in the sand and on the swings. They were really having fun playing together . They would hold hands as they ran around the yard and Hailey was showing Max how to do different things on the swing which had them both laughing really hard. She showed him how to swing on his belly with his arms spread out like an airplane and then they would reach out and hold hands as they were swinging. Then while Max was riding his dump truck around, Hailey decided to sit in the back so he was riding her all around the yard. I couldn't believe his little legs could push that thing in the grass with Hailey on the back. And she wasn't even helping him. When they decided to trade places and have Hailey drive, Max sat in the back but kept falling out. It kept tipping on him everytime he got in it, so he said in a whiney voice "Mommy, Hailey dumpin me." After a few tries he gave up and they traded places again. We stayed out until 8:30. I didn't realize it was so late. We wrapped daddy's gifts and then the kids made him some cards. While I was helping Max write "Happy Father's Day" on his, Hailey looked over at it and said "Let me see how to write that." She pulled the card over to her and copied every letter and wrote it on the card she was making. She did a good job, even though the letters were are all mixed up and all over the page. Then on the inside of her card, she drew a bunch of lines and told me to write a note to daddy on them. She told me what to write and it was so sweet. As soon as Max was done coloring his, I got him ready for bed. I got Hailey to bed shortly after that, but it is now 11:00 and she is still awake having a hard time falling asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe Max could push that truck through the grass with Hailey on it.