Friday, June 20, 2008

Hailey's Dance Recital


















































We met Vikki at my mom's house at 3:00 so she could do Hailey's hair. Hailey was acting very excited all day about doing her "special dance" for us tonight. She kept telling us she was going to "dance a million". We had to be there an hour early to get her dressed in her costume. Kimmy met me at mom's and rode with us. We got her ready in the dressing room and when it was time for her to line up with her group, she went right with her teacher. It was cute watching her hold hands in line with all the kids as they walked out on stage. Then we all went and found our seats. They had special parent seating so Bruce and I got to sit up close, but Kimmy and my parents had to sit in the balcony. Hailey did a super job! She did her whole dance. We were so suprised and happy. We didn't know what to excpect with her. It 's hard to believe that just five weeks ago, she would hardly do anything in her class and cried when we left her. Then we were just hoping she would at least go out on stage even if she just stood there and looked pretty. I went back to get her after her dance. She was walking back with her group as I got back to the dressing room. When she saw me she had the biggest smile and ran up to me giving me the biggest hug and said "Didn't I do good. I told you I would dance a million." Then Bruce and I and Nana gave her her flowers. She was really happy to get her own special flowers and loved them. She held them and kept posing with them for pictures. Then I took her back to get her changed out of her costume so she could come sit out with us and watch the rest of the show. She really enjoyed watching the other kids do their dances. Every once in a while she would reach down and pick up her flowers to look at them and smell them. Hailey really wanted to see what it was like sitting in the balcony, so during intermission Nana and Kimmy took her up to sit with them for a little while. Then they came down and sat by us for the rest of the show cause the people next to us had left. The show didn't get over until almost 10:00. We stopped at McDonald's for some chocolate shakes afterwards and then went to Kimmy's to pick up Max. He was sleeping but woke up as Bruce carried him out to the van. When Bruce was putting him in his carseat, he looked up at the sky with a confused look and asked "Is it raining?" It took us a minute but then we figured it out why he was so confused. He never sees it that dark cause he's always in bed at 8:00. It was so funny how he just kept looking at the sky like he couldn't figure out why it looked so different. He stayed awake the whole way home looking out the window getting excited about all the tractors he saw along the road. Hailey had fallen asleep shortly after finishing her milkshake. Hailey stayed asleep as we layed her in bed, and I layed Max down right away and he told me a few things about his day and then went right to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how Hailey wanted to pose for her pictures. What a fun evening. I loved watching her dance and was so proud of her.

Anonymous said...

Good post.