Thursday, June 5, 2008








Hailey had made a postcard for Jacob and was really excited to send it to him. She colored it, told me what to write on the back, then put the stamp on and put it in the mailbox at the post office. After lunch, we went to visit one of the doctors that I had when I was sick. He is the one that prayed for me and told me that I would someday walk again. It really boosted my faith to have a doctor tell me that and believe with me since all the rest had given up hope. He also told me that he believed that I would someday have a baby. I haven't seen him in six years and he was so happy to hear that I am now having my third child. He told us his testimony about how his life had changed after meeting me. He now has a clinic that specializes in treating the mind, body, and spirit, and he says he tells all his patients about me. I am well known as the miracle girl there. He wrote about me in a couple books that are ready to be published now, but has been waiting for my permission. He says we are going to be on Opra someday. He also is going to have me come talk to some of his patients to give them some encouragement. We had a really nice visit with him and it was very touching to hear his side of the story. After that, we took the kids to the park to play before going to a couple stores, and then we went out to eat. While we were at the restaurant, Hailey had to go potty, but they only had toilets with automatic flushers which she is terrified of. I finally talked her into going into the bathroom as long as I promised to put "flush stops (sticky notes)" on all the toilets in the bathroom. When we got in there, somebody was in one of the other stalls so she freaked out knowing that the toilet would soon flush. She screamed and ran out the door. I took her back out to have daddy try taking her since he said there is only one toilet in the men's restroom. As we were walking back to our table, she was crying and yelling "But I don't have to go poo poo anymore." We sure did get alot of stares, and I was so embarrassed. And the whole time Hailey was crying, Max was very loudly saying "I have to go pee pee too." He is completely opposite and loves to go potty in public restrooms. Even if he doesn't really have to go, he'll ask just to get to go sit on the potty. I sure can't wait till Hailey is over her fear of public toilets. She is getting a little better. She now will go at church and dance class and a few other places. She is just very cautious and has to really inspect the toilet to make sure it has a handle and doesn't look too big.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mel, thinking back to you when you couldn't walk and seeing you now - Wow, it is truly a miracle! I love you.