Monday, August 27, 2007

















This morning I had a dentist appointment to get a crown for my tooth. Somehow I cracked it all the way through. It was a two hour appointment, so Bruce dropped me off and took the kids to get donuts and then to Menards to play. They have a nice indoor play area for kids there. Hailey loves to go to "Nards" as she calls it. They had fun while I sat in the dentist office all morning. Then we came home and put Max down for a nap. I let Hailey just have quiet time in her room today instead of having her take a nap today. She read books and played with puzzles while I got some laundry done. She gets so happy when I tell she doesn't have to take a nap but just rest for a little bit. She is at the point where she dosn't really need a nap every day. If she takes a nap she has a harder time going to sleep at night unless we keep her up really late, but if she doesn't take one she gets a little grumpy in the evening. So lately I've been setting the timer for an hour and I make her sit on her bed doing something quiet and if she is really tired she lays down and falls asleep before the timer goes off. But only if she goes to bed good and isn't grumpy, otherwise she has to take a nap. It's kind of nice. That way I still get my break and get some work done. After dinner I took the kids outside to swim. Max had fun running around the yard with the little football after he got out of the pool. Then while they were playing I picked up a bucket and got stung by a bee. I didn't see it on the side of the bucket and it stung me on my finger. So I decided it was time to go inside. I got both kids in bed by 8:30 tonight and now I'm just waiting up till Bruce gets home from work. He is working second shift this week so he won't be home till 12:30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your dentist appt went ok - not too bad. Did it have to be numbed? I don't remember for mine. Love the pictures. Hailey's outfit is adorable and I love Max's red shirt. Kimmy

Anonymous said...

It went good -not bad at all. Yes they did numb it but just a little bit, not my whole side of my face like the root canal. I found that outfit at the Midland Salvation Army. And that was one of Jacob's shirts. Melissa