Thursday, August 30, 2007










.




Bruce got up with the kids this morning and let me sleep in since I was up till 2:00am last night. I didn't wake up till around 9:30 when the kids came in the bedroom and crawled up in bed with me. Hailey cuddled with me for a few minutes till Max came and climbed up on top of us. He's not too cuddly in the mornings. Once he's awake he's ready to go. He never needs any time to wake up. He just pops right up and wants to play. He must take after his daddy. But he still likes to cuddle when he tired before naps and at bedtime. Today he was pretty grumpy. He would cry and throw fits for no reason at all. Well, not that I could figure out anyway. We wanted to hang some stuff up on the walls in their bedrooms today, but Max was crying so much it was hard for me to think and I just couldn't make up my mind where I wanted to hang things. So we decided to do it another day. Bruce went out to the garage to work on some things so I took the kids outside thinking Max might be happier playing out there. He was for a little bit but he soon started having meltdowns again over silly litte things like dropping his tractor or getting stuck with his car. After we ate lunch I put him down for a much needed nap. Then Bruce had to leave for work. Max was a little better when he woke up from his nap but still a little grumpy. He even got mad about something and ran over to the corner by the dishwasher and pouted. It was kind of funny. After dinner I took the kids back outside to play. They played in their sandbox and on the swings. As I was about to take them in, Max went over to the pool and dumped a bucket of water over himself. He was soaked so he took his pants off. Then Hailey decided she wanted to take her pants off and get wet too. I let them play with the buckets and water for a little while. Then Hailey asked to water the flowers with the hose. Of course she didn't just water the flowers. She started spraying Max with the hose and he loved it. Then she started chasing me with the hose. So I got pretty wet myself. I wasn't really planning on getting wet but it was fun. After a while Max started shivering so I took them inside to dry off. Max got grumpy again soon after we got inside. So I set him up with all his cars in his room and let him play by himself for a while and that seemed to make him happier. So I asked Hailey if she wanted to play a game with me. She got all excited and ran to the closet to pick a game. She picked Shoots and Ladders, so we sat at the table and played it. She is getting a lot better at playing games. She is much better at counting and moving to the correct places now, although she does need a little help once in a while to show her which way to move. She also has a lot more patience than she used to. Just as we were finishig our game, Max got mad again and ran over to the same corner and pouted. So this time I grabbed my camera. I got one good picture of him pouting, but as soon as he noticed I had the camera he looked up at me and smiled. I started getting him ready for bed a little earlier tonight. I didn't really want to put him to bed too early or he'd be up at 6:oo in the morning, but he was just so tired. So I just slowed the whole bedtime routing down a little and read him a few more stories and cuddled a little longer. That made him happy. I got him in bed a little before 8:00. He was very happy to lay down in his crib. Then I started getting Hailey ready for bed and she was in bed by 8:30. I think it only took a few minutes for her to fall asleep too. She only had quiet time again today so she was pretty tired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe, Max needs a hug from Aunt Kimmy. The pouting picture is cute. Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Looks like the kids were having lots of fun in the water. I love the joy on their faces. I did feel a little sad when I saw Max pouting in the corner and looking so unhappy. I think he needs a kiss from Nana so give this to him for me. xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Here's some for Hailey too...xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Anonymous said...

Max is back to his happy self again. It must have been all those extra hugs and kisses he got. Melissa