Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It was a warm day, 60 degrees, so Bruce took the kids outside to play in the puddles. They had so much fun.


Jack enjoyed watching from the stroller.


Hailey wanted to get me something and bring it to the hospital. Nana took her to the gift shop and she picked these pretty flowers. When Nana brought the kids up to see me, they walked in carrying these together with big smiles on their faces. It was so sweet. They were so excited to give them to me. When I got home, I put them on my nightstand next to my bed. Hailey came into the room and saw them and said "They look so pretty on there. Aren't those pretty flowers?"


I filled this little bucket with toys and gave it to Jack. He had so much fun taking all the toys out one at a time. At first he kept taking the same toy out and putting it back in. Then he started just taking them all out. It sure kept him busy for a long time.



A few days ago, I had to go to the emergency room cause I felt very short of breath. They ended up admitting me cause I had pneumonia. I was very worried about being away from Jack cause he still refuses to take a bottle most of the time. We talked to the doctor and asked them to only give me medications safe for breastfeeding. Bruce brought Jack up to the hospital so I could feed him a couple times a day, usually in the morning and then right before his bedtime. Jack did very good even though he wouldn't always take the bottle, but at least he can have cereal and a fruit/veggie now. He just ate a little extra of the solid foods for a couple days since he wouldn't take a bottle for Bruce that first day and the second day he only took one. Bruce said he wasn't fussy and didn't seem to mind. He was still happy like always. The last day, he started doing alot better and would take the bottle everytime it was offered to him. I came home today, later in the evening though cause I had to wait until two of my IV bags were done. This was my shortest stay yet, only three days! The kids were excited for me to come home. I sure missed them. Bruce did a great job taking care of the kids while I was gone. My roommate even commented that the kids' clothes not only matched but they were dressed cute. (He did put a pair of nonmatching socks on Jack one day though. I think they were red and his outfit was orange. Shhh! Don't tell. I took them off and switched them with a pair of white ones that I had in the diaper bag.) He got all three kids ready and took Hialey to school and got them to bed ontime every night. He even took pictures and videos for my blog! We picked up my prescriptions on the way home. I read the information and noticed that it said definately not to breastfeed with this medication cause it can cause problems in the child. Bruce called the pediatrition and asked him what we should do. He said to stop breastfeeding right away and call my doctor to see if they could switch it to something else. (We asked three different doctors at the hospital if it was OK to breastfeed while on this medication and they all said yes. I even was feeding him when they walked in a couple of times. And every one of my nurses mentioned that it was in my chart that I would be bringing the baby in to feed him a couple times a day. I guess I know now not to trust them and to look it up ourselves.) We called and got it switched but I still couldn't feed him the rest of the day. With me being home though, he again refused to take the bottle. I would go to my bedroom and shut the door so he wouldn't see me but that didn't work either. He knew I was there. It was so hard for me to listen to him cry and not be able to do anything about it. Bedtime was especially hard for him. I took a couple hours for him to finally fall asleep.

1 comment:

mom said...

I sure am glad your stay in the hospital was so short. Thankyou Lord!!! I love the pictures of Hailey with the flowers. It sure is cute how she liked them so much.
Cute pictures of Jack with his bucket, and the kids in the puddle.Love ya!