Saturday, February 21, 2009

Watching their "campfire" from inside their tent.


"Roasting marshmellows"

Hailey is eating hers off the stick.

Now offering me one.

Hailey made a bed on the floor with blankets for her and Jack to lay on while watching TV. She then picked a Baby Einstein video for them to watch.


When Max woke up from his nap, he layed down on the couch and stayed there the for the rest of the day. Besides his favorite blankie, he had to have his bear, his drumstick (couldn't find his other one), and two cars to lay with. For some reason, he loves his drumsticks and carries them around everywhere lately. He stayed on the couch like this until bedtime, holding onto his "special things".
Jack woke up a few times last night and was up at 6:30. Max was up by 7:00 and he woke up very grumpy. Jack was fussy too. They were both crying alot still by the time Hailey woke up. After awhile she said, "It must be a grumpy boy day. Not for the girls though." She ran to tell me, "I'm going to try to be nice all day, even when Max is grumpy." Then she ran back to Max and said "I love you Max... Max, you're not grumpy. You're nice." She helped him make a tent and that made him happy for awhile. They played in it pretending to go camping. Max got the Bumbo seat and put a yellow blanket in it saying it was his campfire. He used his drumstick as a "fire poking stick". Then Hailey said "Let's roast marshmellows!" She ran and got some pens, one for her and one for Max, and they pretended they were their sticks. She also brought back a couple "chairs" (stools) for them to sit on. It was funny to watch them pretend as they would eat the "marshmellows" off the "sticks" and then lick their fingers. They offered me some so I got to try some too. While I was getting lunch ready, Jack started crying. (He mostly just wanted me to hold him all day and would cry after being down for a few minutes.) Hailey noticed I was busy and picked him up. She started singing to him and had him laughing. He was happy for about ten minutes and then started crying again. When I finished what I was doing, I came over to get him. When she saw me coming, she said "I tried to make him happy for you. I tried really hard. But he was only happy for a little bittit (a little bit- mixes just a minute with a little bit. She's said it this way since she was two and now Max says it this way too). Now he just wants you. I really tried though." She handed him to me and telling me that he really likes the song she made up for him and that if he starts crying I should sing it to him. It went something like "God loves you. I love you. A-bump-a-bump-bump." We sang it to him a few times and right away he started smiling and laughing. When we stopped singing, Hailey said "See, he really does love that song." I put the boys down for a nap at 2:00. Max fell asleep right away. Jack only slept for about 15 minutes and woke up crying. Hailey had asked if she could watch a movie while Max took a nap since she didn't get to watch Clifford this morning. While she was looking through the videos, she said "I know how to make Jack happy. I'll pick a movie he'll like too. I know he'll like this one (Baby Einstein)."She made a bed on the floor for her and Jack to lay on while they watched TV. This was the first time Jack has sat and watched any TV. He was very interested the whole time and really liked it. Hailey talked alot to him during it, telling him what everything was. When Max woke up from his nap a few hours later, he came out and just layed on the couch the rest of the evening until bedtime. He didn't even want to come eat dinner with us. He said he didn't feel good.

No comments: