Tuesday, February 3, 2009


I gave Max a bucket of dry beans to play with. He loved filling his dump truck with them. He also liked using his tractor to dig in them. After awhile of playing with his trucks and tractors in the beans, he decided he wanted to bring his "car wash" up on the table too.


Jack's first time sitting in tub. He sure loved splashing in the water.



I love how he's laying with his foot up here.
This morning, Jack woke up early crying so I brought him to cuddle in our bed. He fell back asleep and I enjoyed cuddling him. When Max woke up, he must have went right to his closet and got out the bowling ball and pins. He was playing a game of bowling by himself when I walked into his room. When Hailey woke up, we brought it out to the hallway and we all played a game. Everytime Max would knock some pins down, he would clap for himself and yell "Yeah! Good job for me!" I gave Max a bucket of dry beans to play in. He first enjoyed scooping and and pretending to cook with some measuring cups and spoons. Then he wanted his dump truck and tractor to play with. He loved digging in the beans with his tractor and then loading them into the dump truck. He'd drive the dump truck around the table with the beans and then drive it back to the bucket to dump them into a pile. He sure had fun and it kept him entertained for a long time. Hailey was in her bedroom playing with her dolls. When she came out and saw the beans she wanted to play with them too. I got her a bucket of beans and some measuring cups and spoons. She also enjoyed pretending to cook. Max wanted to play with it again after he took his nap. After awhile of playing with his dump truck in it, he decided he wanted to play with his "car wash" (car garage that has a car wash too) too. I didn't know he meant on the table. He went and got it and brought it up on the table to play with. He liked driving the dump truck up and down the ramp with the beans. Then he'd dump the beans down the ramp and watch them all slide down. When Bruce got home from work, I made dinner while he played with the kids. I got out my cookbook "Deceptively Delicious" that shows you how to sneak in vegetables. First I made an avocado spread to dip our chips in. Max like this but Hailey didn't. Then I made tortilla "cigars" with chicken and cheese and then sneaking in squash and carrot purees. They were very good and we all liked them, even Hailey. Tonight I gave Jack a bath in his new duck tub (Thanks Kimmy). It was his first time sitting up in the tub. He loved it and had alot of fun splashing in the water.

6 comments:

Kimmy said...

Cute pictures of Jack in the tub. I'm glad he likes it.

mom said...

I love the bath pictures. He reminds me of you so much.

Melissa said...

He does look alot like me in those bath pictures. I thought the same thing.

The Daddy said...

Melissa are you sure Jack's not a Russell...he's got the Russell sleeping pose down

mom s said...

He sure does have the Russell sleeping pose down. So funny!

Melissa said...

That's exactly what I was thinking after I took the picture, that he looks like a Russell sleeping like that. I've noticed all the sleeping pictures of Adam, Jacob, and Andrew always has the arms above the head. Too funny! Jack actually sleeps like that alot. Max did too when he was a baby, but not so much anymore. Hailey never did though.